Saturday seems like a good day for linking, so here are a few good ones that have come across my desk* this morning:
- Hold your babies close. You aren’t spoiling them (really, you can’t spoil a baby), but you may be giving them a better ability to recover from fights with future partners.
- While the Egyptian revolution wasn’t really a “Facebook/Twitter revolution,” social media did play an important role in revolutionaries’ ability to communicate with each other and the world. In return, the Egyptian revolution taught Al Jazeera how to embrace digital media and social networking to better report the news as it happened.
- NP-in-training and abortion provider Dolores P. provides an honest look into what it’s like to be an abortion provider, sharing her personal experiences on both ends of the table. While her humor is a little morbid, especially where her own life and health are concerned, she is completely respectful of the women coming into her office. [Just a note here, Smrt Lernins is a pro-choice blog; while I am happy to engage in a wide array of discussions, one thing I won't tolerate is anti-choice comments.]
- The next time your kids are climbing the walls, just remember, they could always be literally climbing the walls.
- The eastern cougar has been declared extinct. Sadness.
- See? I’m not the only one calling the “mommy wars” a bunch of BS. The Bloggess says so, too. Of course, she also probably offends everyone in the process, but that’s her MO, so if you’ve got punkin’ feelins, apply elsewhere.
- Ok, women. Are you pissed off yet? (and please, don’t give me the “that’s why I’m glad I don’t live in GA/the South” response — similar bills have been introduced in South Dakota, Utah, Nevada, and probably some other states, too — this isn’t a Southern problem; it’s a religious right wingnut problem)
- Also, lets stop portraying women as disposable while we’re at it.
- Patchfire has been posting videos every day. Some educate, some entertain, some delight, some just make you say “oh HAIL YEAH.” Please go enjoy and comment, letting her know how much you enjoy her little project for March.
There you go, folks. Some links to make you think, to make you glad or mad, to make you read something or watch something a little different. Enjoy (or not. Whatever. Do what you want. I’m not the boss of you.)
*Yes, I have an actual desk. It’s an IKEA Expedit and I luff it. It is currently piled high with crap that was on our old bookshelves, but which hasn’t yet been situated in our new bookshelves (also Expedit).